2010 SugarCon speaker Jan Sysmans, Director of Product Marketing at SugarCRM, made a very compelling SugarCRM vs. Salesforce argument. Below are some of his points.
SugarCRM’s Flexibility is Superior
* With SugarCRM, you can… easy drag and drop UI for customization. Create your own integrations in PHP (open language) – Salesforce has a proprietary language (NOT open source).
* SugarCRM has… 5,000+ integrations with other applications – Salesforce has under 1,000
* SugarCRM has no limitations to the number of custom modules and work flow – Salesforce DOES have limits
* Sugar Pro comes with Free Mobile (read and write). Salesforce.com charges extra for read/write mobile. Their free mobile is read-only.
With SugarCRM, you get more Control
* With SugarCRM, every customer has their own database – Salesforce users share one multi-tenant database.
* SugarCRM does weekly database backups with object relationships intact – Salesforce only does monthly backups without object relationships (they’ll charge you if you want to back up more frequently)
* With SugarCRM, you’re free to deploy on-demand or on-site or virtual private cloud and easily move your deployment from on-demand to on-site – Salesforce is locked into a Salesforce data center – that’s not very nice.
SugarCRM Professional Edition = $30/user/month
Salesforce Enterprise Edition = $125/user/month
SugarCRM Enterprise Edition = $50/user/month
Salesforce Unlimited Edition = $240/user/month
You be the judge…
Download BrainSell’s SugarCRM vs. Salesforce.com White Paper Here